Market Readiness Subsidy Program
This program is designed to assist tourism stakeholders in enhancing the quality and market readiness of their tourism services, businesses and
products. Market Readiness is the creation and delivery of memorable, value added, high quality products and experiences that meet and exceed the
expectations of visitors.
- Best Practice Missions - missions to other destinations designed to expose operators to successful development and marketing models.
Primarily offered by Tourism Atlantic.
- Gros Morne Institute for Sustainable Tourism (GMIST) - programs focusing on experiential travel, marketing and sustainability.
- Bonavista Institute of Cultural Tourism - programs focusing on professional development, assisting tourism operators and cultural providers
in delivering world class visitor experiences.
- Other initiatives that address market readiness for industry participant's maybe considered, subject to approval by the Department of
Business, Tourism, Culture and Rural Development.
This program provides a 25% subsidy for one of the above programs once per year for one business or organizational representative.
Eligible Participants and Requirements
- Private sector operators - owners, managers or senior personnel-not for front line staff.
- Must meet all regulatory requirements (Licensed under the Tourism Establishment Act and Regulations)
- Must be in business for a minimum of one year and/or operated for at least one season
- Non-commercial/not for profit organizations - DMO's, Zonal Boards, municipalities and other entities undertaking initiatives that will
directly benefit tourism in the province.
- Must be in good standing
- Participants from these organizations will be expected to communicate their experiences and knowledge to tourism stakeholders in their respective regions.
Level of Investment
For approved programs, the department will contribute up to 25% of eligible costs. Applicants are expected to contribute at least 25% of total eligible
costs. In kind contributions will not be accepted. Depending on the program (for example, Best Practice Missions, GMIST and Bonavista Institute of
Cultural Tourism) an additional 50% subsidy could be received from federal government sources.
The allowable subsidy is a maximum of 25% up to a total for one event of $2500.00. The maximum government subsidy from all levels of government is
not to exceed 75%.
- Eligible costs include: professional services, meeting expenses, travel expenses and registration fees.
- Ineligible costs include: Capital and operating costs, industry participation time.
All applicants must complete this request for funding "form"
before they are eligible to receive the subsidy. Your application will be reviewed and upon approval, you will be notified in writing.
Complete the expense claim that was enclosed with your approval letter within 30 days of travel and forward with
copies of your receipts to the attention of Eva Trickett for processing. email@example.com,
Fax: (709) 729-0474 Eligible Participation:
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free